Thursday, January 21, 2010

God Granted Me A Miracle Today ;-)

Thought I'd share a miracle that happened today.

For the past couple of months I've been feeling that something physical was not quite right with me. I could not put my finger on it.

My doctor was no help, he's pretty apathetic really. I was talking with my physical therapist about it and he referred me a doctor he knows at the local med center, a rather elderly Jewish man who reminded me of the rabbi in Fiddler on the Roof.

I went for my first appointment on Monday and he discovered a problem. In my left breast I had what felt to the touch like a "sliver" of sorts, about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide directly under the nipple. I had been a bit sensitive in the area for a while but had not noticed it. With my chronic illness I often have floating pains and I had assumed that was all it was.

This new doc seemed a bit alarmed by his discovery, it could be cancerous he thought, and told me to have a mammogram and x-rays the next day (this past Tuesday). I also have some blood work to do in a few days. He seemed rather concern about this "lump" hence the rush for the tests.

Due to a scheduling mix up I had the test done today instead.

As I sat in the waiting room I felt what seemed like a warm hand touching my chest over the area with the growth and I "knew" God had healed me!

Then the tech came and did the mammogram as well as an ultrasound and found NOTHING. The tech asked me to show her where it was. I felt the area for it to show her, but it was gone. She felt around as well based on the doctors notes and could not find it either.

The mammogram and the ultrasound show no trace of what the doctor and I both clearly felt.

Thanks be to God!
And thanks to all of you who have been praying for me.

God is good.
~ John

No comments: