Thursday, January 10, 2008

AllFaith.com is Moving


AllFaith.com is Changing Servers

My current domain host has decided to change how their clients connect to their servers and many of us are moving elsewhere because their new design is stupid and very user unfriendly. The transition of AllFaith.com to my new web host should be complete in 24 hours. During this transition period AllFaith.com (NOT my site here) may be offline. Once the transition is finished I'll be going through all the hundreds of pages at AllFaith.com checking links, graphics images and so on.

You will be able to tell when the transition is finished (if you are interested) because of the note on the top of my new homepage that says, "
Please Note: AllFaith.com has moved to a new server...." If that shows up, the transition is finished.

If the graphics on this page are broken or missing (one on the top, one toward the bottom) it means the transition is in process (the graphics are hosted by AllFaith.com)

Wanna help me out?

Once the transition is complete: If you find anything wrong with any AllFaith.com page I would appreciate a heads -up (whether that's a broken link, a broken image or even a typo). Its a very large site and will take some time for me to go through it all. You can notify me through this site or:


(there should be an image above with my e-mail address)
(if not, I can be contacted via: http://www.allfaith.com/contact.html )

I think I have everything ready for the transition EXCEPT for the http://allfaith.com/Questions section but I wont be positive until the transition is complete. In the past when I've changed domain servers it has taken a bit more work than expected to get everything back up and running properly. While I have finished correcting the links on the http://allfaith.com/Questions/index.html page, those pages
linked from and back to there (ie the questions and answers) do not have good links returning yet (so there's no need to let me know about them). I'll be working on those pages later today and tomorrow.

When I ftp'd my site over to new host the file directory codes stayed attached, so I have to remove them individually. This process will hopefully be finished by January 15th.

Thanks for your patience during this period of change.

~John of AllFaith

No comments: