Saturday, December 27, 2008

My New Years Resolution -- What's yours?

Have you made a New Year's Resolution this year? What is it?

I've never really put a whole lot of stock in New Year's Resolution but most years I make one any way ;-)

Last year I resolved to lose 80 pounds and keep it off. I lost 75 and have thus far kept all except for about 10 off (it goes up and down). Not too bad but not a total success either.

This year I thought about it and have settled on one.

I have a few manuscripts laying around that I've been thinking about publishing for a long time. Four novels (mostly complete), my translation of the Gita (complete for several years and on line at free http://www.srijagannatha.com/gita), my commentary (bhasya) on the Gita which is about 75% complete (the one I'm gradually adding to my Sri Jagannatha site is different and not nearly as detailed)....

A few years ago a friend and I were talking about the prophecies and how they might be fulfilled in unexpected ways. There are things that must happen (the rise of Rex Mundi, the negative global government followed by the positive global government etc.) but HOW such things might happen and what they might look like are always open for debate. So... as an exercize in thought as much as anything I wrote a novel about a group of people who experience one possible future where the prophecies are fulfilled in ways that are not generally contemplated. Its a good read and even though it doesn't present how I expect the prophecies will be fulfilled, it would be in keeping with them. It also shows how good people could come togther for the good of the world....

Anyway... my New Year's Resolution for this year is to stop procrastinating and get this one published.

Have you made a New Year's Resolution? What is it?

No comments: