Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Empire Fire Update

Just an update on what's happening here:

Thanks for all your prayers and kind notes.

I am now wearing my sleep apnea/air filtration machine mask all the time now when I'm not moving around the house because of the thick smoke in the air. My lungs are not happy campers. Our nearest fire is now being called the Empire fire now and the air is being listed as "Unhealthy" throughout the region. Our fire just dropped from 5 % controlled to uncontrolled.

If it was just me I would have left here yesterday, but in case of evacuation I want to stay to help get us and our pets out and to safety. We have over 60 gheckos, 2 bearded dragons and the three dogs. We are monitoring the scanner and the news.

The fires keep combining and growing stronger. As of now the fire line is still about 2 miles away and it looks as though its heading to the less populated north and away from us.

Pray for us and for everyone who experiencing these tough times,
~John of AllFaith

No comments: