Thursday, September 25, 2008

Missionary Debbie and the Sheep in Wolf's Clothing!


For more AllFaith Comix, Go Here!

Traditionally Christians and Muslims have been very missionary minded. In some cases the missionaries have been good for the areas where they have worked, but often their influence has been bad.

Recently a new Calvary Chapel congregation opened in my area and we've been attending it. As I explain in the following letter, some of their missionary policies are disturbing.

First, I'll include an insightful PDF file about what missionaries are doing to India. Next will be my letter followed by the letter of another reader of Calvary Chapel Magazine who was as offended by what is there as I was. If you're a Christian who supports missionary work this information is worthy of your intention. If you are a Hindu I hope this shows that you are not alone in your outrage.


Hi,
I grew up in a Christian (Missionary Baptist) family and accepted Jesus as my savior when I was 12 years old (in 1969). Through the years I have studied the Bible very seriously seeking to divide its holy truths from religious propaganda -- this is a difficult task! I also studied other religions very seriously including Hinduism even as the Bible orders us to 'Study to thyself approved approved unto God'. I take my salvation and my relationship with God very seriously.

In the late 1970's I was very involved in a Calvary Chapel congregation in Texas but moved to another area and plugged into other groups. My wife and I recently began attending services at a Calvary Chapel here in Northern California. Of course people seldom agree on every point of doctrine and to some decree we have to "agree to disagree" with one another.

So before going I assured her that one thing that makes Calvary Chapel different is your stress on biblical accuracy and fact checking, that while we may not agree with all of your interpretations, the differences would be matters of honest interpretation rather than bigotry and intentional deceptions as we have found in many other churches.

Last Sunday I picked up issue 37 - Fall 2008 of Calvary Chapel Magazine on our way home from services and was horrified and disgusted to read, on page 21, right hand column:

"Debbie explained, "The Hindus worship many gods and have many ceremonies. They actually invite Satan by name into the temple and put sacrifices on a statue where they say he sits." [emphasis mine].

This is a slanderous lie!

There is NO Hindu shrine to Satan! Hindus do not even believe in Satan! Hinduism doesn't even accept the concept of demons as conceived in Christianity!

This is an obvious attempt to garner support for your missionaries by intentional deception in what seems to be your flagship publication!

The piece goes on to lament that:

"The persecution of Christians there is phenomenal..."

I wonder why!!!

If Calvary Chapel is spreading such bald-faced lies and disinformation about Hindus and their far more ancient religion its no wonder the Hindus are earnestly opposing your Missionaries!

Needless to say, I don't plan to return to Calvary Chapel. Its sad to see that this denomination too is using the tools of deceit and divisiveness to beguile the religiously ignorant.

God's Church can not be established on lies! The "Synagogue of Satan" can be perhaps, but not the Church of the Living God!

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Calvary Chapel needs to print a clear retraction of these lies and repent of them publicly from your pulpits wherever this issue was released!

Sincerely,
Pastor John

Learn the Facts About Missionary Abuses!


This is an excellent PDF File that all Hindus and friends of Hinduism would do well to read. Also, those who seek to convert India and the Hindu people should read it as well.


This is especially relevant as we recall that one of the main Muslim prophecies is that in the Last Days Hinduism will be utterly destroyed from the Sub Continent!


Om Shanti

Dear Sir and/or Ma'am,

I recently started attending a Calvary Chapel church and have been glad to find a place to worship and learn from a sincere and knowledgeable yet humble pastor. I've been without a "church home" for a number of years and I know my life is better when I'm actively following God's will and that, in turn, is much easier when I can worship and learn with a group of fellow Christians.

One thing that's important to me is that we are taught from the Bible, and focus on the truth - both "small t truth" and "big T Truth", if you know what I mean.

For the first time I picked up a copy of the Calvary Chapel Magazine after the service and brought it home with me. I read most of it over the next day or two, and while I saw that many good things are being done, there was one thing that leapt out at me. This single misstatement was representative of all that's wrong with bad missionary work, and representative of everything I believe God wants me to avoid in "his" church.

On page 21 of issue 37 (Fall 2008), these two sentences appear:

Debbie explained, "The hindus worship many gods and have many ceremonies. They actually invite Satan by name into the temple and put sacrifices on a statue where they say he sits."


This is not so. Hinduism does not have any deity that is Satan, by name or otherwise. I am not sure what deity she is thinking of, assuming she is sincerely mistaken. It is possible she has been misled by non-Hindus in the area, and took them at their word, but regardless .. the statement is false. It serves to create a wrong belief that Hindus are willing servants of the devil, and it is simply evil to promote such a lie. At the very least, its completely the opposite of what Christ stood for - teaching the truth and freeing people's souls.

I realize you are quoting a missionary and thereby removing yourself from making this statement directly, but you are showing her to be an authority on Hinduism and quoting her as an expert. You need to correct this immediately and in a prominent place in your next issue! Do not be one who will use any statement, true or false, so long as you (mistakenly) believe it will promote your cause. That would make it your cause, not God's.

Sincerely,


No comments: