Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Naked Truth: The Difference Between Baptists and Catholics!

I think you'll agree there's a bit of truth in this one!

A little boy was walking down a dirt road after church one Sunday afternoon when he came to a crossroads. There he met a little girl coming from the other direction.

"Hello," said the little boy.

"Hi," replied the little girl.

"Where are you going?" asked the little boy.

"I've been to church this morning and I'm on my way home now," answered the little girl.

"Me too," replied the little boy. "I'm also on my way home from church."

"Which church do you go to?" asked the little boy.

"I go to the Baptist church back down the road," replied the little girl. "What church do you go to?

"I go to the Catholic church on the top of the hill," replied the little boy.

As they were both going the same way they decided to walk together.

In time they came to a low spot in the road. The spring rains had partially flooded the road out so there was no way they could get across without getting wet.

"If I get my new Sunday dress wet my Mom's going to skin me alive," said the little girl.

"My Mom'll tan my hide if I get my new Sunday suit wet too," replied the little boy.

"I tell you what I think I'll do," said the little girl. "I'm gonna take off all my clothes and hold them over my head and wade across."

"That's a great idea," replied the little boy. "I'm going to do the same thing with my suit."

So they both quickly undressed and waded across to the other side without getting their Sunday clothes wet.

As they were standing there in the sun waiting to drip dry before putting their clothes back on the little boy looked the little girl and said, "You know, I never realized just how much difference there really is between Baptists and Catholics."




Feel Like A Good laugh?
AllFaith.com: Humor Home Page
John Not-The-Apostle's Shroud
The Nekkid Truth!
AllFaith.com: Main Home Page
Contact me

1 comment:

Jon S. said...

Love it! Also, I've been looking for this picture on the net forever and couldn't find it till now.
We used to bathe or little ones sorry of assembly line style when they were young. Until one day, or youngest daughter asked my wife why her little brother's 'front bottom' looked so different to hers. Without slipping a beat, my wife replied, "sweetie, if God made us all look the same down there, we wouldn't be able to tell one from the other."