Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Anyone seen Terminator Salvation yet?

Anyone seen Terminator Salvation yet?

Wanna talk about it?
I just saw it today and plan to see again next Tuesday with Andy.

My take:

I'm a big fan of this series of movies (I don't personally care for the TV series: "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (2008) and looked forward to the latest film but had to wait a while before seeing it due to time constraints.

As those who enjoy the series understand, with each movie the time line and future-history of "Judgment Day" is altered so that each new movie, while a continuation of the previous story, allows new possibilities both positive and negative (changing history has its price).

Had I written the film I would have taken a slightly different tract or "parallel universe" with it, BUT in my opinion the creators of the film managed to weave a good and consistent story here and I enjoyed it.

Casting could have been better but that too was OK.

My list of favorites has not changed. Due to the unavoidable time/event setting and world conditions for T4 I didn't expect to like it as much as I did the earlier films. As one reviewer said: The Future is LOUD!

Indeed! But it sort of had to be.

So, my list of favorites:

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) : My favorite

The Terminator (1984) : My second favorite

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) : My third favorite

Terminator Salvation (2009): My fourth favorite.

Anyone want to talk about the film?
Did you like the new film?
Does this seem like a plausible future?
Did you notice any hidden symbolism?

Warning to those who haven't seen it yet: The comment section MAY contain spoilers and there is at least one thing in particular in the film that is best not known ahead of time.

Sorry, I couldn't exist ;-)

No comments: